|Pardon the mess - its a work in progress.|
Another challenge was the northwest corner. I ultimately decided to install a tight inner turnout to service the west yard (and to use the original bridge layout). Problem was that the curve of the tracks actually crossed the inner corner of the layout and would be hanging in space. Soooo...I added a bit of table to fill the corner.
|You can see the proposed track line done in red.|
The corner is a piece of board with a 1x4 frame under it. On top of the is a piece of styrofoam. It was too tall for the surrounding terrain, but the foam cutter knocked down the edges to a reasonable slope. I used Woodland Scenics foam putty to smooth out the irregularities and fill the seams along the edges. A little sanding and it is good to go!
|Shot from the perspective of the turnout.|